Personal Style, Fashion and Lifestyle Blog.

Hola - Part One...


After 10 amazing days, I'm home, the heating is cranked up and I'm bringing you my first post holibobs post..

I didn't planned on blogging whilst being away... This trip was a break from the world, to mentally press pause on life (not on shopping though or thoughts of adding to my never ending wish list of course..) ...This was until Tuesday last week when it decided to rain in an 'end of the world' style down pour and although I'm not one to give up, I threw in the (wet beach) towel and pulled up a chair at one of the many Internet stations in the hotel...It was all going well until I realised I was prohibited to upload photos...I tried...It's OK, I spent the rest of the afternoon in the ENORMOUS mall across the road from the hotel!!!

The first four days were 'el scorchio', I sought entertainment from my favourite holiday past time, people watching whilst keeping hydrated courtesy of the incredible cocktail menu, pretty much all day. 

Over the next couple of days, I'm going to showcase my holiday outfits and an introduction to my Mexican purchases (not a sombrero in sight)...;

Day 1...

An early doors flight out of Gatwick, a flight time 11 and a half hours means comfort dressing...;


Travelling in heels to save valuable space in the case..


I dropped a bit of a wardrobe/landing in immense heat clanger, I didn't pack a change of clothes to throw on just prior to landing..BUGGER! This would usually be an easy travel (scrunches up in bag and doesn't look like rag at the other end) type of skirt/vest combo...I just stood at the carousel admiring those who had thought ahead and looked effortlessly cool having made a smooth transition from UK winter to Mexican heat whilst I was combusting from the inside out and my hair was growing rapidly with the humidity..

After a half hour transfer we arrive at LIVE AQUA..The hotel is A.MAZING, I'm fortunate to have stayed in some of the Best Hotels in The World (not just my opinion, they have this actual award) and although this one doesn't have the fancy plaque telling me this the immense reception (maybe because it's so new), it is right up there with those, full on top class luxury!! In 2012, they won the award for Top Mexican Resort in Travel & Leisure's World's Best Awards, are currently number 2 on Trip Advisor and named one of the worlds best hotels by Expedia...

A link to the hotel... LIVE AQUA..

Once in the room it was a speedy unpack, shower and get the hell out for a drink...;

The accessories all laid out and ready for wear...

On the first night I just chucked on a Topshop midi dress I bought late last summer (which is pretty much maxi on me..), a statement necklace from Republic and my new Aldo sandals (as shown in Sensible Panic Buying)...;



Just add a large bucket of wine...



The midi/maxi was a tactical wear as it hid the fact I was one of the only ones there without a fresh holiday tan! The dress is still available in Topshop here.

Day 2...


We woke to this incredible sunrise...



I love the watching and listening to the Ocean (I put this down to growing up in the Midlands). When I'm away, if the height of the balcony (security first people) and the lack of flying/crawling objects (bugs,lizards etc) allows, I leave the curtains and doors open to lap up as much of this view as possible..

The outfit for this evening was a maxi skirt from Warehouse, a bandeau top from Primark, the Aldo sandals and my travel documents wallet from M&S that doubled up as my clutch!!  
The skirt has a loose pleat in it and has to be 18 months or so old and been worn rain and shine, leather jacket and biker boots, blazer and heels and now this...;






Day 3...

For dinner this evening we booked into one of the fabulous restaurants at the hotel, MB...As with every meal there, it was superb and tonight, then some...I ordered the Lobster Tail... As the waiter walked towards our table, I thought they'd messed up and bought a souffle...No, this was THREE tails..

I could only show the scale of the tails against my wine glass...
After finishing this off, I was half Karen, half lobster!

It turns out my chosen outfit this evening was perfect, I'd opted for a sports luxe, basically loose fitting harem pants and an even looser vest top...These pants are a few years old from New Look, the shoes (and my old faithfuls) are a couple of years old from River Island, then the Primark dip hem vest was over one of those bandeau bra tops from New Look too..


One step away from wearing my PJ's..

After consuming half my body weight in Lobster, they offered coffee which seemed a good idea at the time, I'd hoped it would drag me out of the pending food coma... Like anything at this hotel, they don't do it by halves, the coffee was called a Spanish Coffee. I was blissfully unaware that a) they made it at the table b) it involved A LOT of brandy c) a few scoops of ice cream and finally d) FLAMES!!! It was like a 10 minute floor show.. the whole restaurant seemed to stop mid-chew and turn to see the spectacular before us...





Day 4...

Another tough day on the beach, starting on the Mojito's at 10.30am, because I could...




Dinner was in the Asian influenced restaurant at the hotel, The Hidden Garden... Again, another incredible meal all under the cover of intertwined trees where the breeze kept us cool and the wine, suitably warm...

The outfit of choice tonight has been my most favourite yet for a couple of reasons...

1) I bought these satin (feel, not really) harem pants from Zara last year for about £30 and been gagging to get some wear out of them..
2) I get to wear my new Zara shirt as featured in Sensible Panic Buying..




Happy Easter!

Buenas Noches for now



x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mission:Style

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig